Experience a Mount Kenya safari and discover Africa’s second highest mountain. With a summit covered in snow and ice it’s difficult to imagine that it’s situated astride the equator!
Mount Kenya also has a fair splattering of wildlife, particularly on the lower slopes of the mountain. You can expect to see elephant, rhino, buffalo leopard, bushbuck, several species of duiker, giant forest hog, and colobus and Sykes monkeys.
There is also prolific birdlife around the mountain, ranging from huge eagles to multicolored sunbirds.
For the adventurous and outdoor types there are a variety of hiking and mountain climbing trails to choose from. For those safari enthusiasts who enjoy ‘taking it easy.
|Naro Moru mountain route is the ideal.|
- TOUR TITLE – OHTL – 28 – NARO MORU CHOGORIA ROUTE.
- OUR CATEGORY – LUXURY HOTELS AND MOUNTAIN HUTS.
- OUR LENGTH – 4 NIGHTS – 5 DAYS.
- DESTINATION – THE RIFT VALLEY – MOUNT KENYA.
Day – 0 – Your Destination – Nairobi – Kenya.
Begin your journey to Africa aboard National Airline and arrive in Nairobi, Kenya’s cosmopolitan capital. Once little more than a watering hole for Maasai tribes, today Nairobi is the largest city between Cairo and Johannesburg. Transfer to one of the world’s most historic hotels for overnight.
Day – 1 – Departure from Nairobi is at 09:30hrs for transfer to Naro Moru Mountain Rock hotel for lunch. An acclimatization on walk will follow to the Famous Mau Mau Caves and Burguret Water Falls. After photography proceed to Hikers Camp (2,309m), for dinner and overnight. 11km, 4 to 5 hours hike.
Day – 2 – After breakfast, hike via the Naro Moru gate to Met Station (3,040m) for dinner and overnight. 13km hike, 5 to 7 hrs, with lunch en-route.
Day – 3 – After breakfast hike to Mackinders Camp (4,200m) for dinner and overnight. 13km, 6 to 7 hrs hike with lunch en-route.
Day – 4 – Attempt Point Lenana at 02:30hrs and be at the peak before the sunrise. After the sunrise, descend the mountain to Mintos hut for a full breakfast. After breakfast descend with lunch en-route to Chogoria Bandas camp for dinner and overnight.
Day – 5 – After breakfast, descend the mountain and connect with your transfer vehicle to Chogoria town for lunch. After lunch drive on to Nairobi with arrival in the late afternoon for shower and snacks. Evening transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your home bound flight.
End of our Service.
- The above prices are based on a minimum of 2 persons.
- A price reduction is available for numbers above two persons.
- Six persons may enjoy up to 15% saving on the per person rate.
- Mount Kenya was built up by intermittent volcanic eruptions,
- The entire mountain is deeply dissected by valleys radiating from the peaks,
- The base of the mountain is approximately 96 km wide. There are about 20 glacial tarns,
- Small lakes) of varying sizes and numerous glacial moraine features between 3,950 m and 4,800 m.
- The highest peaks are Batian 5,199 m and Nelion 5,188 m. The salient, comprise 3-5 km wide ridges.
- 1 night Hotel accommodation in town hotels.
- Transfers to and from the Airport.
- Full board accommodation as specified in the itinerary.
- Park entry fees.
- Transportation and tours in a 4WD with open roof for game viewing.
- English speaking driver guide.
- Visa and vaccination fees.
- International flight tickets.
- Things of personal nature.
- Tips to guides, porters and hotel staff.